Author Topic: Does everybody play Diablo 3??  (Read 10762 times)

Resource

• Everybody
Re: Does everybody play Diablo 3??
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »
oh it was a true disgrace to diablo series, I played the beta and was very disappointed, NOTHING like diablo 2

might be worth $5 though

Maria

• Administrator
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 06:09:57 PM »
oh it was a true disgrace to diablo series, I played the beta and was very disappointed, NOTHING like diablo 2

might be worth $5 though

Naw... I loved Diablo 2. ;D

metaleroz

• Everybody
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 06:58:40 PM »
Diablo 2 was exquisite wasn't it.

Resource

• Everybody
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 04:24:48 AM »
Diablo 2 was exquisite wasn't it.

Yes, Diablo 3 is nothing like diablo 2

Maria

• Administrator
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 02:39:47 PM »
Diablo 2 is one of those games I keep coming back to, even though it's getting on in years it still holds up! It's pretty, has a good story, it's fun to play... you have some of those games, you know? (A friend of mine replays Baldurs Gate once a year...)

metaleroz

• Everybody
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 07:44:37 PM »
YEah I am with you I bought about 2 months ago an rpg pack on sale for 30 dollars US baldurs gate, baldurs gate 2 neverwinter nights 1 and 2, icewind dale 1 and 2 and a couple others with all their expansions and extra content and they are all updated for newer OS so I can play them again in all their glory.

Nedwin04

• Everybody
  • We like to do it 2% Jazz, 98% Funky Stuff
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 11:52:18 AM »
That is such a good collection of games. Once you've finished those, try planescape torment, fallout 1 and 2, and if you want games like neverwinter nights 2, Drakensang: The Dark Eye, and River of Time are good.

As for Diablo 3, I tried an open beta weekend before it's release and didn't really think much of it. I'm currently in the closed beta for Path Of Exile, and that is much much more like Diablo 2.

Maria

• Administrator
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 02:43:23 PM »
That is such a good collection of games. Once you've finished those, try planescape torment, fallout 1 and 2, and if you want games like neverwinter nights 2, Drakensang: The Dark Eye, and River of Time are good.

As for Diablo 3, I tried an open beta weekend before it's release and didn't really think much of it. I'm currently in the closed beta for Path Of Exile, and that is much much more like Diablo 2.

yeah I thought Path of Exile looked familiar (and interesting)... hm. I didn't care much for NwN2, but question is if that's because it went so far from NwN1 (which I loved) or if it just didn't measure up in itself. I didn't like it is all I know, so I didn't play very far.
Another game I didn't play very far (but that falls into similar categories as these) was Risen... anybody tried that?

Nedwin04

• Everybody
  • We like to do it 2% Jazz, 98% Funky Stuff
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 05:07:31 PM »
Yeah, Risen's a brilliant game, very reminiscent of Gothic 1 and 2 (which I still play regularly). Haven't played much of Risen 2 but didn't really like the feel of it.

daniel559

• Everybody
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »
What bugged me the most was the repeating of everything.
It was decent on normal and nightmare, but hell and inferno difficulty were plain boring.

Wing0

• Everybody
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2014, 05:53:57 PM »
I used to play diablo3
...gave up after 3 months. Too many disconnects & maintenance downtimes.