Author Topic: the game works so much better now  (Read 1828 times)

grimwold

• Everybody
the game works so much better now
« on: December 16, 2013, 10:11:47 AM »
Hi I just wanted to let you guys know the game works so much better now. I haven't had a single crash.
My main gripe now is with the graphics options there just to limited. I was trying all the options out and for me the graphics look best on the lowest setting. Then I noticed the draw distance and I thought ewe. Even though my game now plays on the highest setting. I just cant stand the fog lol. I do actually think your getting there. At times the game looks great and at other times it just looks plain horrible. I am not really sure what your plans are but there is a good game here it just need more work.

Iam not sure what the deal with that fog is. I just find it annoying.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:13:39 AM by grimwold »

roland.koch.71

• Audio Designer
  • Everybody
  • Audio Designer
    • http://www.littorinasounds.com
Re: the game works so much better now
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 02:16:45 PM »
Thank you very much, grimwold. Your acknowledgement of the hard work we put into improving our player's experience means a lot to us. As you said, we are getting there. We are working on just that, and then going beyond "there" with our planned DLC. Thanks again for your words !

grimwold

• Everybody
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 08:44:47 AM »
In all honesty 99% of my favorite games had a bad launch. These days they just call it early access. good luck ill still play my way through to the end finally.
Do you have a suggestion box. I had some great ideas about instance housing, out in the wilderness. I feel the game missed the point of being in the wilderness/new world/old world setting. There just dose not feel  there is any pioneering going on. The  people of nexus seem to be a lazy bunch. My example is kind of similar to silverfall. Once they are forced into the swamps after silverfall is destroyed,they start thinking what can we do to make are lives better drain the swamp/build generators/hug a tree. The airships kind of ruined it, I would have used horse and carts. At least then you could have had roads and way stations being attacked and built. people venturing out to start new settlements and trade missions. you have a expedition system, with no actual expeditions. Its a shame really. Still the future is very bright if you continue with the optimization patches . Can't wait to see what you do for the dlc.

Ted

• ThreeGates Developer
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:48:56 PM »
Hey hey Grimwold,

You can leave suggestions at this part of the forum
http://forum.threegates.se/index.php?board=63.0

Any suggestions to make LoA even more fun is highly appreciated!
Thank you for your kind words!