Author Topic: Unarmed Combat (Drunken Master Would Be Awesome in this Game)  (Read 1937 times)

B3WM5T1CK

• Everybody
Unarmed Combat (Drunken Master Would Be Awesome in this Game)
« on: December 04, 2013, 03:57:34 AM »
Im not sure whether its because I started playing jade empire, but I've just been on a kick playing fist fighting style in RPGs. Anyone else think there could be some cool stuff like different fighting styles that could be implemented.
As the title suggests, I am a huge fan of the Drunken Master style and I think it would be a unique style that actually benefits from fighting against shock damage and having many skills that involve recovering from knockdown with counter attacks and healing. Again this is just an idea I'm spit balling here and wanted to see what other people might think.

Ginken

• Everybody
Re: Unarmed Combat (Drunken Master Would Be Awesome in this Game)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 04:46:35 AM »
Yes, please! I would love unarmed combat as well. I always love it when a game like this includes unarmed combat- especially if it is difficult to wield but rewarding in the right hands.
I'm not into the idea of Drunken style, it would seem like a very strange and random thing to toss in, but to fit in with that "Gladiator"-ish setting of the game, Add in pugilism for the officers! Or a whole seperate Pugilist class with slow sweeping kicks, a front push kick, various punches and such for combat skills. Maybe a few knuckle weapons, etc.
This was pretty much one of my first thoughts when I played the game, honestly. The game looks amazing, and I've been recommending it to friends since I got it, just because I have high hopes that it can go places I've always wanted an RPG like this to go.

Anthony

• ThreeGates Developer
Re: Unarmed Combat (Drunken Master Would Be Awesome in this Game)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 02:14:18 PM »
I'm not sure we're ready to entertain the idea of unarmed combat in LOA, given our combat system. However, I'll run that idea by the team.