Author Topic: Lights on or off?  (Read 2537 times)

metaleroz

• Everybody
Lights on or off?
« on: September 10, 2012, 08:07:15 PM »
I think everyone has been asked this question before but now you get to answer it in our lovely forum. Do you like to do it with the lights on or off? Please people focus here get your mind out of the gutter I am referring to gaming. I know it is not recommended to game with the lights off so you don't strain your eyesight but I love playing any creepy and dark environment in the dark to help create a better playing ambient. Let's see what yo guys prefer.

Maria

• Administrator
  • Forum Admin
Re: Lights on or off?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 01:38:54 PM »
I'm glad you clarified what you meant by "do it"... and I'll gladly answer!  ;D

For a dark and scary game, if you want full immersion, I say lights off. Not complete pitch darkness, but just... creepy-dark. For anything else, a light behind the screen really spares the eyes a lot of strain! I usually have a desk lamp or something on, nothing that glares the screen or the eyes... when playing Civ late at night it's good to have a light on in front of the screen so you don't mess up any quick commands.  ::)

Zuben

• Everybody
  • Kitchen - MY area
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 02:09:21 PM »
hmmmm i ever play games in the same position if i´m at home. liing in my bed with lamp on BUT that is not so much light and there is no other light in the room (no sun in my room!) so it is not dark...but the light is on :D

Resource

• Everybody
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 12:12:27 AM »
Backlighting, for sure! My house is only illuminated by indirect lighting for years now.  Behind the HDTVs and behind paintings.

Zuben

• Everybody
  • Kitchen - MY area
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 10:52:33 AM »
thats really cool... would like to have this, too.....

metaleroz

• Everybody
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 01:50:59 PM »
Nice.